Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) latest exam Syllabus 2017. Students can easily get the BITSAT Entrance Test Latest Exam Syllabus 2017 along with previous years sample paper, books ,Official PDF downloads, exam pattern etc.
BITSAT Latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017
BITS Pilani Entrance Test Syllabus 2017-2018.A Computer Based Online Test for Admission to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, 2017. students check here we provide all the latest information regarding the exam syllabus and sample papers with solution pdf which help you for the better preparation and scoring good marks.
About competition level
BITSAT is the test undertaken by Birla Institute Of Technology and Science (BITS). BITS is one of the most prestigious engineering institutes in the country. It has its campuses in 3 cities, namely, Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. Apart from that BITS has one campus in Dubai, which is also one of its exam centers.
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions) each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice.
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
BITSAT-2017 Test Format; BITSAT-2017 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four part.
|Parts||Subject||Number Of Questions|
|Part III|| (a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates||45|
Exam Syllabus 2017:
The BITSAT-2017 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class.The detailed syllabus is given in the Annexure. Candidates may refer to the NCERT textbooks for the contents. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT-2017 will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS admission website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Part I: Physics
1. Units & Measurement
3. Newton’s Laws of Motion
4. Impulse and Momentum
5. Work and Energy
6. Rotational Motion
8. Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
11. Heat and Thermodynamics
13. Current Electricity
14. Magnetic Effect of Current
15. Electromagnetic Induction
17. Modern Physics
18. Electronic Devices
Part II: Chemistry
1. States of Matter
2. Atomic Structure
3. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
5. Physical and Chemical Equilibria
7. Chemical Kinetics
8. Hydrogen and s-block elements
9. p- d- and f-block elements
10. Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons
12. Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
13. Biological , Industrial and Environmental chemistry
14. Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry
Part III: (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
(a) English Proficiency This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self-expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
- Agreement, Time and Tense, Parallel construction, Relative pronouns
- Determiners, Prepositions, Modals, Adjectives
- Voice, Transformation
- Question tags, Phrasal verbs
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Odd Word, One Word, Jumbled letters, Homophones, Spelling
- Contextual meaning.
3. Reading Comprehension
- Reconstruction (rewording)
- Paragraph Unity
(b) Logical Reasoning The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts. These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Nonverbal Reasoning
Part IV: Mathematics
3. Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
4. Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry
5. Differential calculus
6. Integral calculus
7. Ordinary Differential Equations
11. Linear Programming
12. Mathematical modelling
Part IV: Biology
1: Diversity in Living World
2: Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
3: Genetics and Evolution
4: Structure and Function – Plants
5: Structure and Function – Animal
6: Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
7: Reproduction and Development in Humans
8: Ecology and Environment
9: Biology and Human Welfare
10: Biotechnology and its Applications
Following books will helpful in preparation of this exam:
- English & Logical Reasoning for BITSAT with 10 Mock Tests (5 in Book and 5 Online Tests)
- BITSAT 2017 (with CD)
- Objective Physics – Chapter-wise MCQ for JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition
- Objective Chemistry – Chapter-wise MCQ for JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition
- Objective Mathematics – Chapter-wise MCQ for JEE Main/ BITSAT/ KCET 2nd Edition
Click Here For Official Website: www.bitsadmission.com
Hope this will help you in your Preparation. Put your queries & suggestion in the comment box below. For more updates regarding syllabus of any other upcoming exam keep in touch with our website Syllbuspaper.in