Every Year National Law University (NLU’s) conducted Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Registrations are almost done & This year exam will be conducted on 14th May 2017. So for your preparation Here we provide CLAT Latest Syllabus 2017 along with previous years sample paper, books ,Official PDF downloads, exam pattern etc.
CLAT Latest Syllabus 2017
Following is the Exam Pattern & Latest Syllabus for CLAT exam. So candidates who are going to attend or are preparing for this exam can get latest syllabus from here. Check out the latest syllabus and exam pattern for the better preparation and to get successful result.
- Total Marks: 200
- Number of Questions: 200
- Duration: 2 hours
- There is system of negative marking and for every incorrect answer 1/4th marks will be deducted.
- The entrance exam is being held through online process.
|English (including comprehension)||40 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|Legal Reasoning||50 marks|
English including comprehension:
The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein, etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs:
The General knowledge will be tested on the general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of national and international current affairs.
This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e., maths taught up to 10th Class/standard.
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. Questions may include legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It may include a variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Following books will helpful in preparation of this exam:
- Universal’s Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2017-18
- The Complete Success Package – CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2017
- CLAT Guide 2016 (Includes Solved Paper & Practice Sets)
- The Complete Success Package – CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2016 (Old Edition)
Following are the previous year Papers of CLAT
- CLAT Solved Paper 2015 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2014 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2013 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2011 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2010 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2009 (Download PDF)
- CLAT Solved Paper 2008 (Download PDF)
Put your queries & suggestion in the comment box below. For more updates regarding syllabus of any other upcoming exam keep in touch with our website Syllbuspaper.in.