Every year Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) conducts various recruitment exams to select dedicated and skilled contenders for various vacant posts. So for your preparation Here we provide ISRO Scientist / Engineer Latest Syllabus 2017 along with previous years sample paper, books ,Official PDF downloads, exam pattern etc.
ISRO Scientist Latest Syllabus 2017
Following is the Exam Pattern & Latest Syllabus for ISRO Scientist / Engineer Exam. So candidates who are going to attend or are preparing for this exam can get latest syllabus from here.
Check out the latest syllabus and exam pattern for the better preparation and to get successful result.
- Candidates may attempt the total 80 questions.
- The time allotted for the examination is of 90 minutes.
- Applicants who qualify the test may go for the further process of recruitment.
| Subjects Name
|| Topics Covered
| Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
- Power switching devices like SCRs
- power MOSFETs
- Basics of ICs-bipolar
- MOS and CMOS types basic and Opto Electronics.
- Electrons and holes in semi-conductors
- Carner Statistics
- Mechanism of current flow in a semi-conductor
- Hall effect; Junction theory
- Different types of diodes and their characteristics
- Bipolar Junction transistor
- Field effect transistors
| Signals and Systems
- Random signals and probability
- Correlation functions
- Spectral density
- Response of linear system to random inputs
- Classification of signals and systems
- System modeling in terms of differential and difference equations
- State variable representation
- Fourier series
- Fourier transforms and their application to system analysis
- Laplace transforms and their application to system analysis
- Convolution and superposition integrals and their applications
- Z-transforms and their applications to the analysis and characterization of discrete time systems
| Network Theory
- Delay and rise time, Elmore’s and other definitions effect of cascading.
- Elements of network synthesis.
- Network analysis techniques
- Network theorems
- transient response
- steady state sinusoidal response
- Network graphs and their applications in network analysis
- Tellegen’s theorem.
- Two port networks
- Z, Y, h and transmission parameters.
- Combination of two ports
- Analysis of common two ports.
- Network functions
- parts of network functions
- Obtaining a network function from a given part. Transmission criteria
| Electromagnetic Theory
- Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves matching applications
- micro strip lines
- Basics of wave guides and resonators
- Elements of antenna theory.
- Analysis of electrostatic and magneto-static fields Laplace’s and Poisson’s equations
- Boundary value problems and their solutions
- Maxwell’s equations
- application to wave propagation in bounded and unbounded media
| Analog Electronic Circuits
- Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators, Rectifiers and power supplies.
- Op Amp, PLL, other linear integrated circuits and applications.
- Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.
- Transistor biasing and stabilization.
- Small signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response.
- Wide banding techniques. Feedback amplifiers.
| Digital Electronic Circuits
- Different types of counters and registers.
- Waveform generators.
- A/D and D/A converters. Semi-conductor memories
- Transistor as a switching element
- Boolean algebra
- simplification of Boolean function Karnaugh map and applications
- IC Logic gates and their characteristics
- IC logic families: DTL, TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison
- Combinational logic circuits Half adder
- Full adder
- Digital comparator
- Multiplexer De-multiplexer ROM and their applications. Flip-flops.
- R-S, J-K, D and T flip-tops
| Control Systems
- Design of Control Systems Compensators
- Industrial controllers.
- Transient and steady state response of control systems
- Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity
- Root locus techniques
- Frequency response analysis.
- Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichol’s Chart
- Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichol’s Chart Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response
| Communication Systems
- Optical Communication in free space and fiber optic
- Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency Satellite Communication.
- Basic information theory Modulation and detection in analogue and digital systems
- Sampling and data reconstructions Quantization and coding
- Time division and frequency division multiplexing
| Microwave Engineering
- Microwave Measurements
- Lasers; Micro-wave propagation.
- Microwave Communication Systemsterestrial and satellite based.
- Microwave Tubes and solid state devices
- Microwave generation and amplifiers
- Wave guides and other Microwave Components and Circuits
- Micro strip circuits
- Microwave Antennas
| Computer Engineering
- I/o System Organization. Microprocessors: Architecture and instruction set of Microprocessor’s 8085 and 8086
- Assembly language Programming. Microprocessor Based system design: typical examples.
- Personal computers and their typical uses.
- Number Systems.
- Data representation
- Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C
- Use of basic data structures
- Fundamentals of computer architecture
- Processor design
- Control unit design
- Memory organization
Click here to download official PDF Electronics Syllabus
Click here to download official PDF Mechanical Syllabus
Following books will helpful in preparation of this exam:
Put your queries & suggestion in the comment box below. For more updates regarding syllabus of any other upcoming exam keep in touch with our website Syllbuspaper.in.