Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has issued notification for the various posts in government departments, SSC is going to conduct the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Tier I & II Exam which is going to held on 19 June to 2 July, 2017 and 5 to 8 September, 2017. candidates can check Here we provide Staff Selection Commission CGL Tier I & II and Tier III latest Exam Syllabus 2017 along with previous years sample paper, books ,Official PDF downloads, exam pattern etc.
SSC CGL Latest Syllabus for Tier 1 & 2 2017
Applicants who are going to attend the SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination Tier I & II and Tier III can get latest syllabus from here & download the SSC CGL Previous Papers PDF this previous exam papers will help you for the better preparation and scoring good marks in this upcoming examination, so candidates can check here on this page we have provide all the information regarding this exam which you want.
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -II — Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier -III — Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV — Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
- In SSC Tier I It is an objective Type Online Exam. Interesting fact about CGL is that there is No sectional Cut Off
- In SSC Tier II exam, there are 3 Parts.
- Overall 400 questions will be present in the CGL exam.
- And the total marks are 600 marks.
- SSC CGL Tier III exam comprises of Descriptive paper.
- Tier IV SSC CGL exam is also a descriptive paper.
CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 1
|S. No||Subject Name||No. of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hrs|
|2||General Awareness||50||50||2 Hrs|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||2 Hrs|
|5||Total Marks||200||200 Marks|
CGL Exam Pattern 2017 for Tier 2
|Exam Type||Part||Subject Names||No. of Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Written Exam||I||Quantitative Ability||100 Questions||200||2 Hrs|
|Written Exam||II||English & Comprehension||200 Questions||200||2 Hrs|
|Written Exam||III||Mathematics / Economics / Commerce / Statistics/||100 Questions||200||2 Hrs|
SSC CGL Tier I Syllabus 2017
The Combined Graduate Level Exam Syllabus is given for each subject. The SSC Combined Graduate Level Syllabus is as follows:
SSC CGL Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences.
- Visual Memory.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Figural Classification.
- Decision Making.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Problem Solving.
- Relationship Concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Space Visualization.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Statement Conclusion etc.
SSC CGL Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current events – International, National, and Local.
- History – India.
- Indian Polity.
- Personalities in News.
- Indian Economy.
- Science and Technology.
- Indian Constitution.
- Geography – India etc.
SSC CGL Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Number Systems.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Decimals & Fractions.
- Whole Numbers.
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Mixtures & Allegations.
- Profit & Loss.
- Time and Distance.
- Ratio and Time.
- Time & Work.
- Mensuration etc.
SSC CGL Syllabus for English
- Direct/Indirect Speech.
- Error Correction.
- Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Active & Passive Voice.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Rearrangement.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Unseen Passages.
- Antonyms etc.
TIER III Exam
An additional stage of Examination, i.e. Tier-III, has been introduced w.e.f. CGLE, 2016. Details about Tier III Exam is given below……….
- Tier III would be a Descriptive type paper of 100 marks in Pen and Paper mode.
- The duration of the paper would be one hour (60 Minutes).
- This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay/ Passage of 250 words and Letter /Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
- The qualifying marks in Tier-III would be 33 per cent. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated. The questions in this paper would be of 10+2 standard.
Tier-IV of the Examination would continue to be the Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) which would be of a qualifying nature.
Download SSC Combined Graduate Level Last 10 years Previous Question Papers
Following books will helpful in preparation of this exam:
Ultimate Guide to SSC Combined Graduate Level – CGL (Tier I & Tier II) Exam
For More Information Please Visit : www.ssc.nic.in
Put your queries & suggestion in the comment box below. For more updates regarding syllabus of any other upcoming exam keep in touch with our website Syllbuspaper.in